Custom Search

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Greek Yogurt

This stuff is awesome... It has a thick, custard-like texture, and sortof tastes like a mixture of plain yogurt and sour cream. Dannon's brand is the cheapest, about a $1.00 per container. It is now the ONLY yogurt I will buy from now on, and this is why: it contains ONLY 80 calories total, 0 grams of fat, 6g sugar, and a whopping 15g of PROTEiN! That's like mixing the protein from tuna and the calcium of dairy all-in-one. It's a good low-calorie snack if you're almost-hungry and have to run out the door. I get the plain kind (because of the low sugar content) and I'm a big fan of Splenda, so I sweeten it and it tastes just as good to me. There are other yummy flavors you can buy too, such as blueberry, strawberry, and honey.


Tonight I plan on making a recipe using alfredo sauce (not too sure yet what I'll do) but I DO need to use some of my yogurt! I will definitely write the recipe down/take a picture and post about it in the near future.. until then, go getcha some greek yogurt to fulfill your protein/dairy needs!


P.S.: Here are a few of my favorite snacks I have eaten in the past using Greek Yogurt:

* CINNAMON YOGURT: 1 pckt. Splenda + 1/2 tsp. Vanilla extract + 1/2 tsp. cinnamon.

* CHOCOLATE FRO-YO: 1 pckt. Splenda + 1/2 tsp. Vanilla extract + 1 tsp. cocoa powder, then freeze for 2 hours. Instant dessert!

* REGULAR FRUIT YOGURT: 1 pckt. Splenda + 1 tsp. Vanilla extract + 2 TBPS. chopped fruit, such as strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, bananas, oranges, or clementines

7 comments:

  1. I love Greek yogurt too! But I always forget about it for some reason. I really like the ideas for different things you can do with it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Recipe report:

    Had a butt-load of chicken I had to use before it went bad, so I made Camille's chicken chili, posted a while back on the blog. Turned out awesome! I didn't make a single modification and it fed me for like 3 days!

    Because I had left-over cilantro from the chili, I decided to make cilantro burgers. Didn't have tomato paste so I ended up substituting salsa (Camille - I needed the only roma tomato I had for a topping haha). The salsa complemented the veggies in the ground beef perfectly. So delicious!

    Can't decide which one I like best, but I have decided I want to use cilantro a lot more.

    Props to Camille

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen- i love it too! and it's so versatile with lots of things.
    Clint- thanks! it was an easy thing to make and i ate it for dinner for like 3 or 4 nights haha. and fresh cilantro is great- and cheap!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny how you kids BRAG about how many meals a recipe "fed" you but you were suspicious of any meal at home that we ate more than once. haha
    Just giving you guys a bad time. I love leftovers because it means I have a night off!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all of you guys!!!!! Camille I really like your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i eat leftovers because i'm poor =( but thanks mom, love you too!

    ReplyDelete