Custom Search

Monday, December 20, 2010

Easy Peanut Butter Cookies.. Christmas Style ;)

I have a work Christmas party tonight, and everyone is supposed to bring something they made, such as a treat or holiday dish, etc. I have alot of peanut butter that I rarely use and so I thought peanut butter cookies would be convenient. I also only have whole wheat flour, which I didn't want to use because I'm not too sure people at my work would care for the taste.. so I searched for a recipe that doesn't require flour. I found THIS ONE on myrecipes.com, and I also added a couple more things, such as salt, brown sugar, baking soda, and mini m&ms to make the cookie rise more, taste more chewy, and look more christmas-y.

(MAKES ABOUT 18 COOKiES)

iNGREDiENTS:
1 cup Peanut Butter, Smooth
1/2 cup Sugar
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1 Egg
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1/8 tsp. Salt
1/4 tsp. Cream of Tarter
Optional: Mini Christmas M&Ms, 1.94 oz bottle
* Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
* Beat the Peanut butter and sugars together.
* Slowly beat the egg in.
* Add in the vanilla, baking soda, and salt, and cream of tarter, mixing evenly (the dough may be a little bit crumbly, but thats okay). Add in the M&Ms.
* Shape into small 1-inch balls about 2 inches apart on a greased cookie sheet, or cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil (OR even better, parchment paper if you have some. Parchment paper helps more evenly brown the bottoms of the cookies while they bake).
* Lightly press a small fork over the tops of the cookies twice.
* Make sure the cookies are at least 2 inches apart, because they will spread while cooking and about double their size.
* Bake for 7-10 minutes, take them out and allow them to cool for at least 10 minutes before removing from cookie sheet.

2 comments:

  1. No flour? Interesting. They look like normal cookies - do they have a denser texture like a flourless cake?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they have a richer taste. I couldn't really tell the difference.. Maybe because it has baking soda, an egg, and all the fat in the peanut butter to make up for the texture flour gives things.

    ReplyDelete